Privacy notice and consent
This notice explains how information about you is collected and used. This website is operated by Colossal Giveaways Limited. A key-value specified within our core values is transparency.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who are we?
Colossal Giveaways Limited are a competition company, who work in conjunction with a number of companies within the motor sector to be able to offer prizes of the highest calibre. Our core values are all based around trust & honesty for our customers, and we aim to provide an impeccable experience for those on their customer journey. Our registered office is at Hangar 8b Stapleford Airfield, Stapleford Tawney, Romford, RM4 1SJ and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12709116
Absolutely (“we”, “us” or “our”) gather and process your information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulations and laws.
What information do we collect?
Personal information provided by you
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide services to you and to improve and personalise our service to you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to young people under the age of 17, especially as our competition requires you to be at least 17 years old to enter. If you are a parent or guardian of a young person under the age of 18 and think that we may have information relating to that child, please contact us at Admin@ColossalGiveaways.com. We will ask you to prove your relationship to the child but if you do so you may (subject to applicable law) request access to and deletion of that child’s personal data.
How do we collect information from you?
We gather information directly from you and also via our website.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails). We may do this for a number of reasons, such as to check the quality of our customer service, for training purposes, to prevent fraud or to make sure we are complying with legal requirements.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How will we use the information about you?
The purpose for which we process your personal data
- Confirmation email and prize draw, competition and contest entry receipts and email updates;
- Processing your entry payment into a prize draw, competition, contest;
- Contacting you if you are a winner;
- Personalising content on the Channels;
- Sending you promotional and marketing materials, notifications, updates and exclusive news provided you have opted-in to receiving them;
- Responding to any correspondence from you including enquiries, comments, complaints and technical problems;
- Administering any services, questionnaires, contests, or special events which you may have subscribed for;
- Carrying out our business activities in circumstances where you ought reasonably to have an expectation that we will process your personal data for a particular purpose.
So that we can make sure we give a high-quality service, we also collect your personal information to:
- conduct research and analyse website visitor behaviour patterns;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- improve our services;
- provide information that has been requested by you e.g. password reminders
- detect and prevent fraud;
- carry out security vetting;
- prevent offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content being sent to or posted on our sites or to stop any other form of disruptive behaviour; and
- promote competitions and offers through various marketing campaigns
- promote current or new products and/or services
- If you agree, we will contact you to let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
We may process your personal data for the purposes set out in above ourselves or in conjunction with our third-party service providers.
If we propose to use your information for any other uses, we will ensure that we notify you first. If we need your consent to use your information for these other purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt-in or to refuse. If you opt-in, you will be able to opt-out at any time.
We would like to send you information by email, and text message (SMS) about, competitions & special offers which may be of interest to yourself.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages by asking you to tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online account creation form, or provide us with your contact details through any other means.
If you have consented to receive marketing from us, you can opt-out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
When will we contact you?
We may contact you to let you know about any changes to the service you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested. Where you have opted to receive further information from us, we will invite you to participate in surveys about our services (but it is your choice if you wish to take part) and we will contact you for marketing purposes. You can tell us to stop contacting you for marketing at any time – see the section on your rights below. If you ask us to stop contacting you, you can also ask us to start again at any time.
When will we contact any other person about you?
If you provide us with details of any other person we can contact to discuss your account, we may contact that person and discuss and share the details of your account with that person and deal with that person in relation to your account as if that person was you. We may particularly want to do this if we are unable to get in touch with you for any reason. If you change your mind, you can email or write to us and have this person taken off your account as an alternate contact person (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
Who your information might be shared with?
Your data will not be shared with any company or third party that is outside of Colossal Giveaways Limited.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted on the secure server.
We have strict security and confidentiality procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to keep it safe and to prevent unauthorised access. We only allow certain authorised employees to have access to your personal information who need to use it to fulfil their job responsibilities. These employees are trained in the proper handling of customer information.
Employees who do not comply with our internal rules are subject to our usual disciplinary procedures.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal data safe, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
Our website contains links to websites and applications owned and operated by other people and businesses. These third party sites have their own privacy policies and use their own cookies and we recommend that you review them before you provide them with personal information. They will tell you how your personal information is collected and used whilst you are visiting these other websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content of these sites or the use of your information collected by any of these other sites and you use these other sites at your own risk.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries which are located outside the European Economic Area. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary for the service you have requested or for the length of time set out in any contract between us, unless you have told us you want us to remove us from the system (see section “Right to be forgotten” below).
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
- We will not charge any fee for this service in most cases.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- Provide enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, company/personal name, registration details), and
- let us know what information is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any email newsletter we may send you. It may take up to a month for this to take place.
- Provide us with proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
Right to be forgotten
You can ask us to delete the data we hold about you in certain circumstances. You can do this if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for the purpose it was collected (for example if you are no longer a customer), or if we are using it without your consent or you have to ask us to delete it to comply with any of your legal obligations. You can also do this if you originally gave your consent to us using your information and you want to change your mind. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know why you would like us to delete your data from our systems.
We will take steps to make sure the information is deleted from our systems and by any people who are processing your information for us unless we have to carry on using the information for legal reasons.
How to contact us